Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'll admit it . . .


I'm hooked . . . again.

That Stephanie Meyer is a smart cookie. Just when the intrigue of her books had started to die off, I waited anxiously for the movie. Then, it was the DVD. Now I have been engulfed in her unfinished novel, Midnight Sun, Edward's point of view from Twilight. (you can read it on her website.) I know what you are thinking. This may sound a little obsessive. I'll admit it.

I am just so caught up in the fact that a 30 something graduate from BYU can come up with such a brilliant idea and create such a perfect character. Edward is the epitome of the perfect man . . . oh with one tiny, yet fatal, flaw. Brilliant. Why can't I come up with something like that and write a novel about it? Mike and I have wondered??!

I'll get right on that. Oh . . . wait. I need a really good idea first.

For now I'll just enjoy reading the rest of Midnight Sun.



I am intrigued most with the fact that Midnight Sun seems like a different book entirely, yet still the same. Taking the story from a different point of view makes the Cullen Family's characters come to life. It adds a whole new dimension to Twilight, not to mention all of Edward's obsessing over Bella. It puts you right in his head. Not a bad place to be for an hour while I should be doing laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping, etc.


Well, there's always tomorrow.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't even know what to post, but I have to post something! Thanks for giving me my Jalinda fix for the day----you have no idea how much I miss you! I would have never thought about Twilight or Edward today without you!

Lindsay Jones said...

I will have to go read it. I started it but had a hang up about reading a book on the computer. I bet you will come up with a new idea and be the next Stephanie Meyer. Just keep thinking, you are that brilliant!

jeanette said...

Oh Jalinda you truly are crazy but I love you anyway. I knew you were really wacked that day in Costco when you just had to buy 3 copies of New Moon because it was just so new and shiny and pretty and you were sure you could find someone to give them to. WHAT!!!

Corpus Christi