Friday, January 8, 2010

November in a Flash


There were bike rodeos . . .




. . . at which Makayla not only got to compete but also handed out ribbons to all the participants as one of her many Safety Patrol duties.

. . . and a Field trip to Natural Bridge Caverns which was really fun for both of us because we have never been there before. It was amazing inside--so many formations and underground pools. Here Makayla is standing by Emerald Lake.



I also began sporting a new look. I wore glasses most of the month of November as my contacts finally bit the dust after 15+ years. They were killing me so I dragged myself to the eye doctor who informed me that my contacts were warped and molding my eyes in a not-quite-so desired fashion. After forking over some serious cash I now have new contacts. Yea me!


There was also a very festive Harry Potter Party.
I know what you are thinking. Who's birthday is in November? Well, I win the Loser mom award this year for throwing Logan a birthday party only a month late. We all were down with the Swine Flu--yes the freaking Swine Flu and it is as bad as they say--all of October and I didn't have it in me to put his party together so we celebrated in November. I think it turned out alright, though.


The Tri-Wizard Tournament begins . . .


with Professor McGonagall


And Professor Snape

There were many Harry Potters studying in Snape's Laboratory.

A certain miss Granger showed the boys how potions are concocted.




Our honorary Hogwarts member declared Honeydukes for all the good little wizards.


. . . And of course there was plenty of cake.

3 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

15 years! You are amazing! Aren't glasses a pain? The party looks cute and fun, I will be calling for tips on that one in a few years. You throw the best parties! Miss you already! Hope you are doing okay.

wendy said...

Hey- here's something funny. I've actually been to Natural Bridge Cavern, like 6 years ago. The party looks like to much fun and about as much work! Sorry we didn't get to see you in Utah. Not enough time.

jeanette said...

Yeah! Jalinda finally blogs again. Keep it up. Can't wait to see more and no wonder Logan's party was a month late - it probably took that long to get it all ready! luv ya! BYE!!!

Corpus Christi