Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What did you do in December?


Yes. I know it's February. I'm just a little behind with the blogging scene. January blew in and out with a gust of cold weather. I mean COLD for Texas. We're all freezing down here and don't know how to deal with a real winter. Our entire tropical backyard is dead, my kids are complaining that they have to wear coats to school, yet I'm enjoying getting to light fires in the fireplace, wearing scarves, boots, and sweaters and drinking hot chocolate.

January has also been busy getting life back together after a fun Christmas break, so what did I decide to omit the last couple of months? Blogging. Now I'm playing catch up.
So here's how what we did in December . . .



Savannah helped daddy string Christmas lights.


There were many Christmas parties to attend.







Oh, and we just threw together a little ward Christmas party. Mike being in charge, delegated decorations to me. He figured out the food. And somehow we pulled it off.






Savannah performed her Nutcracker dance for the parents.


She also got to be a very serious Mary in her Pre-school Christmas program.





We drove 22 hours to spend Christmas with our family.









And of course there is lunch with the girls.

We waited in an hour line--that should have been an hour and a half line had we not cut in--to do the drive-thru lights at Thanksgiving Point.



Are we having fun yet?


Apparently not as much fun as Jeanette and Brandon's car load. (Must have been all the loud music blaring from their car with the windows cranked down to keep the other 500 cars waiting to see the lights entertained.)


Mmmm . . . the hot chocolate was worth the wait.







There were movie nights with cousins


. . . and ice skating for everyone!







4 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

I am glad you are back to blogging. It's so fun to see all your pictures. I love the header pic--so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Yea for blogging! You're better then me, I have to catch up starting with Thanksgiving, so you're better than me! Thanks for posting the Holiday pics! If you have any more (when and if you have the time from Christmas of either James or I if you could email them that would be great! Very cute!

jeanette said...

You must have gotten the CD I sent? The new header pic is very cute. I'm glad you haven't given up on blogging. Better behind then never right? Cute pics...I stole a bunch.

Barlow Fam said...

How did I miss this? Cute pics. Glad you had so much fun in UT. Looks awesome. :)

Corpus Christi