Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snow in Texas??!


What the??! Yes. We had snow in Texas last week! This is pretty much a novelty for us, so when Savannah and I saw big snow flakes floating outside our window, we rushed outside to see the snow. This was pretty much it . . . but it made for an exciting afternoon! : )



Snow in Utah!


Playing in the snow in Utah, on the other hand, is a little bit different. There's lots of it! And it lasts all winter. This is one good reason to live in Texas--visit just long enough to enjoy the snow for a couple weeks, and then head home. We did have a blast sledding and 4-wheeling while we were in Utah.













The best part of sledding was uncle Brandon's Extreme Sled that he rigged up to pull us behind his 4-wheeler. Pulling the kids, Brandon made sure big smiles were on faces as he rounded corners and went easy on the bumps.
Pulling the grown ups . . . was a different story. At one point, I thought Mike and I might die as the sled flipped flying around a sharp corner. A bone-chilling scream filled the air as I landed in a heap in the snow.









No comments:

Corpus Christi