Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!




We celebrated the 4th with our good friends the Barlows, Millers and Gordons. We are so lucky to have such good friends in Texas! Holidays would seem pretty lonely without them, missing out on all the Utah Family Fun. We headed off bright and early to the Fredericksburg Parade. The kids had so much fun watching the parade together. We all had a great time. I love the 4th of July!

All of our girls. The boys are outnumbered and MIA.


Patriotic Makayla
Savannah loved looking for the princesses and waving to them.
Logan liked sword fighting with his flag almost more than waving it.
Logan and his buddies, Holden and Cameron
Kathryn, Brooklyn and Savannah
Mike B., Jared, and Mike
Good Friends: Kristin, Susie and me
After the parade, Jared's parents invited us out to their place for a BBQ and to play in the river on their property. We had such a nice time. It felt like we were home with our families.
Loading up to ride down to the river.


Lauren and Makayla riding the "rapids." They screamed the whole way.
Relaxing in the river was such a great way to spend the day! The kids had a blast
and we all had fun visiting and soaking in the sun.

I loved this part of the river. It was a beautiful day!
After playing in the river all day, we went to watch fireworks. It was so nice to sit back with Mike and the kids and watch the fireworks, that I didn't get my camera out again. This is probably a good thing because I don't think I need to add any more pictures to this post.

7 comments:

Lisa Dean said...

I love looking at all your pictures you guys look like you had a lot of fun!

Tiff and Chris said...

How fun! So did y'all watch the firework in Fredricksburg or Boerne? By the way, I LOVE Savannah's blue dress!

Tiff and Chris said...

I LOVED being at the coast. We are actually going back the first week of August, so I still get to look forward to more vacation-yeah! Oh, and yes I did take the picture at the top of my blog. I am actually trying to get it blown up to put in my living room. FYI: We found a new apartment on Bitters (Escalante Apt. Homes)--so pretty, I love the view from our back porch. We dont' move until mid August though.

Lisa Dean said...

Call us when you get here. We'd love to get together.

Bryan said...

So, where has this blog been all my life?

jeanette said...

Your 4th of July looked so fun and the kids look way cute. The beach pictures are so amazing. I wish we lived by a beach. See, no beach in Utah. Can't wait to see you guys!

Cathy said...

these pictures are great! The kids look so cute!

Corpus Christi