Monday, January 12, 2009

Let It Snow. Let it snow. Let it snow.

The first thing we did when we arrived in Utah for Christmas, was play in the snow! Since it snowed the entire time we were there, we had plenty of opportunities to take advantage of all that snow. The kids were so excited for snow, especially Logan. They had so much fun sledding, making snow angels, building snowmen with me, and constructing an igloo with their dad.
Our snowman and snowchild. The girls helped me make our snowman and Logan built his "snowchild" all by himself, with a little help from mom.
Makayla and Logan in the field by my mom's house in front of the temple.

We had a blast sledding down the side of Mom's house into the field. Growing up, we always played in the field when it snowed. It was a perfect place for Dad to pull us sledding behind the 3-wheeler. Do they make those anymore? Hmmm . . . that dates me.


Savannah's first snow angel!
We stayed out for quite a while. Look at those rosy cheeks!
Makayla, the extreme tabogganist

My ambitious husband filling tubs with snow to build
"The Igloo", his masterpiece!

Savannah loves to be Daddy's little helper.

The finished product!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I honestly think you spent more time out in the snow with your week long trip here than I have spent in the past 2 years. I guess we take it for granted don't we?

Tell Mike his igloo was awesome.

Lisa Dean said...

Sweet igloo! Maybe we'll go and play in it...

jeanette said...

We just wanted to say Hi and that we miss you guys. Brooklyn says Hi Savannah. Cute snow posts. I think they igloo still lives on at moms house.

Barlow Fam said...

Wow! Only Mike would construct an igloo to that perfection. : ) Looks cold, but fun. I LOVE the picture of Logan. Very cute.

PS I just noticed, your children are all a year younger than I thought. ; ) -in your about me section.

Stiles Family-mostly Kristen said...

Don't ya love the snow! It's good to come home to warm weather,huh! The kids are so cute! I'll see you in the summer!

Katrine said...

So much fun! I can't wait to be back in the land of the snow! I love that you blog!

Corpus Christi