Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Drive-by Tour of Mesa Verde


This year on our way to Utah, we decided to stop off in Mesa Verde. Mike and I thought it would be fun to try to enjoy the scenic drive in between refereeing kids in the car.

Our 1 hour pit stop turned into a 3 hour venture with 3 crying kids declaring, "We don't care about dumb ancient people! We just want to get to grandma's house!"

Needless to say, Mike and I enjoyed the first part of our venture more than the last.
(Although, I thought learning about the ancient ruins was fascinating! )



Cliff Palace--ancient ruins from 12 AD




I was awestruck by the gorgeous views.
Park Point 8572 ft.

By the end of our scenic detour, the kids weren't quite as excited about seeing the ancient ruins as Mike and I were.


They were, however, happy to be on the road again and on our way to grandma's house.

3 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Hmm... seems like I've been there before. :) Sorry it wasn't as much fun for your kiddos. Maybe it's a good thing Brooklyn and Lauren stayed at home.

Lindsay Jones said...

I love the grumpy picture! That is the best! You are getting caught up! You might be ready to post Utah pics before you head home! :)

Debbie said...

I think Mesa Verde is fun but then again I didn't go there after a long drive and with a long drive still ahead of me. I think the kids just knew the drive was over when they got to grandma's house...plus they must be excited to see all the cousins. Have fun in Utah!

Corpus Christi