Since it's pouring rain this morning, I thought I would catch up on my blog. The kids are back in school and loving it, but I'm missing the lazy days of summer . . .
One of my favorite places to escape to in the summer is my Uncle's cabin in Idaho, overlooking Palisades Reservoir. We had so much fun with my family boating, hiking, rafting the Snake river, hitting the shops in Jackson, and gazing at the stars off the deck after the kids were finally down for the night.
The party barge! When we weren't on the boat, we had a blast playing in the water and catching some rays on the floating dock Mike and Brandon rigged up.
Brynn and Kayla were all smiles until the boat took off . . . then there were a few screams.
Logan thought the tube was "totally awesome, dude!"

Kayla actually attempted wake boarding with a little help from Uncle Brandon. Way to go Makayla! And Brandon was pretty awesome himself surfing on the outside of the wake board.
Mike scored some sweet moves boarding as well.
He said his favorite part of boating was being Capn'! All we need now is our own boat. One day . . .
I wasn't too bad at driving the boat myself, I may add! The picture of Mike boarding above was taken by Logan while I navigated the boat.

We also braved the Snake River this year rafting the rapids sans kids. Thanks Mom for entertaining the crew while we got to play all day on the river.
A Night in Jackson Hole . . .
The kids loved the old west shoot out on Main Street. They thought it was pretty cool to get their picture with Pocahontas after the show.








No comments:
Post a Comment