No--we did not have Thanksgiving in February. I am still frantically trying to catch up blogging my life from the last half a year. My little buddy has made it tough to get extra things like taking time for me (ie blogging!) done since he became mobile. The bonus now is he takes 1 long 2-3 hour nap each day so I can try to get all those extra things done that I had put off. My goal is to be caught up soon . . .
I had lots of helpers making the Thanksgiving Feast this year. Logan was in charge of the rolls, Makayla made a beautiful Cherry Pie, and Mike's job is always to clean all the disgusting gizzard parts out of the turkey so I can season it and get it in the oven. We had our good friends, the Bonnallies, over for dinner, so between all the yummy food Kelly and I made, we definitely had a Feast! We were so happy they could spend Thanksgiving with us since this was the first year none of our family came to visit for the holiday. We had such a nice relaxing day with them, enjoyed a delicious dinner, and finished the day off with our family tradition of decorating Gingerbread Houses. It was fun to share our tradition with our friends--and the Barlows came that evening to join in the fun. Then, the fun continued on through the wee hours of the night for Susie and me. . .
Yea for Black Friday!! We met up with Leslie and her sister-in-law at Target for Black Friday at midnight, and then Leslie and I scored some sweet deals at Old Navy. It was a different Black Friday going out at night because it seemed like their were a lot more crazies out and about. We actually had to wait in a HUGE line that wrapped around the shopping complex clear passed Game Stop. I had fun with the girls, but I actually did way better the next morning at HEB. Most of the crazies had gone home by then, and I got quite a chunk of my list crossed off there.
First Grade Corn Day! |
Cute little candy corn boy |
The Spread |






No comments:
Post a Comment