Sunday, October 19, 2008

Attack of the Spiders

This is how we spent our Conference weekend--decorating. Mike did a marvelous job on his spider masterpiece, don't you agree? There was only a certain amount of grumbling that went along with the hanging off the ladder to tie up the giant spider onto the house. No, we can't just have a giant blow-up spider on our lawn, if we're going to have a giant blow-up spider, then it is going to have to hang off our house. He added the dead branch strapped to our porch railing this year for dramatic effect. If you get up close to the web, there are lots of disgusting spiders and even a real snake skin tangled up inside. If you can't tell, we like Halloween around here.
While Mike worked on the porch, I created our little graveyard. The kids informed me we need lots of Skeletons now to come out of the graves. That would certainly be spooky. On a side note, our front flower bed we planted last fall has really grown, especially the yellow Esperanza.



The night view of our spider mania.

6 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

I love it! You really know how to do Halloween.

Melissa said...

You are the house with the really big spider----my kids love those houses! They will forever remember that!

Go Lou!

Gossling Family Album said...

Those are some amazing decorations. I am truly impressed!

Tiff and Chris said...

How fun! I love Halloween too...so much fun. Thanks for the handout and yummies, I loved it.

wendy said...

I love fall and halloween. I'm jealous of the decorations. I'm just to lazy to do that. It really Looks great at night.

Cathy said...

Your house looks awesome!!! I love it!

Corpus Christi