Sunday, February 1, 2009

Christmas Eve

I love Christmas! It seems like it is always over way too quickly. I am so happy we get to travel home to Utah each year for Christmas. I treasure the time we spend with our family and friends. We first celebrated on Christmas Eve with Dad and Sharon. All of us got together at their house for a yummy lunch and lots of presents. Then, James and Lisa were off to California to spend Christmas with Lisa's family and we spent the evening at the annual West Christmas Eve Extravaganza.

I couldn't pass this picture of Ryder up. He is such a little cutie! (He doesn't make many of the cousin pictures yet.)
Christmas Eve dinner with my West cousins is a family tradition. We always have a delicious Christmas dinner, followed by the next generation of cousins acting out the Christmas Story while it is read from the Bible. This year we had a puppet show while Makayla read the Christmas Story. (Mike cut Makayla out of the above picture. I was back stage helping our little performers.)

After all the parties, we came back to Mom's to open our one present on Christmas Eve (which is always new PJs, of course. I thank my dad for that fun Warnick tradition!) Then, we set out cookies for Santa, left carrots for Santa's reindeer, and read The Night Before Christmas. Finally, three excited children tried to sleep while anxiously awaiting Santa!

No comments:

Corpus Christi