Monday, August 31, 2009

Firsts

It's that time already--the first day of school! How can that be? Is anyone else in denial? Last week, we were all really excited for the first day of school . . . this week I'm ready for a little more summer. I guess I'm lucky to have such great kids that LOVE school and are super smart, eager to learn new things. They'll whip me into shape--I'm sure.

First day for my First Grader. That face explains it all. Logan loves school! He has taken off with reading and wants to read all the time. He even earned a free book from the school library for their HOT SUMMER READING program where he read 10 books over the summer.

It's also Makayla's first time being the OLDEST at the school. Now a COOL 5th grader, Makayla gets to rule the school. She is excited about being on the safety patrol where she gets to open car doors for kids getting dropped off and picked up in the morning and after school. She has to be on the honor role to be on safety patrol, so this is a big thing for the 5th graders. It is her first day of Safety Patrol today, so I will have to post a picture in her orange belt.

You can't survive the first day of school without hitting happy hour at sonic. Gotta love their slushes!

2 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

I am glad they had a good day. You got some good pics. Can't wait to see Kayla in the orange outfit. That is really cool. Can she sneak you to the front of that car pool line? :)

jeanette said...

Glad the first day of school was so fabulous! The kiddos look so cute and I miss them already! I love Logan's Harry Potter shirt - maybe next year you can get him to wear a wolf shirt like his mom!!!!

Corpus Christi